Last week at PDC10 I was one of the many developers who walked away with a brand new LG Optimus (LG-E900). Yeah, I finally got my Windows Phone 7! Since then this phone has taken on the following roles:
- Used as a developer phone
- Used by my wife for her personal phone
- Used by myself as a personal phone
- Back to being a developer device
- Now sharing role of personal phone with iPhone 4 (swapping sims)
As you can guess I've had to reset the phone multiple times. You can do that by going to Settings > about > reset your phone.
If you plug in a SIM card you'll quickly notice that data isn't working unless you're on WIFI. In order to get data to work on your phone you'll need to manually configure your APN setting. To do this, go to Settings > cellular > add apn. You'll then enter the following information:
- APN: wap.cingular
- Username: email@example.com
- Password: CINGULAR1
Thanks to Ryan Cain for originally digging up this information.