Thanks for everyone who listened to me talk at PADNUG last night about Nokia's current offerings for developers building Windows Phone apps. The two programs I talked about were DVLUP and their Premium Developer Program (PDP).
DVLUP is FREE to join. In fact you should all join it right now if you already haven't. There's a 80 second video on the homepage that gives a quick overview of what DVLUP does for you. Go ahead and watch it now, I'll wait.
The other program (PDP) will cost you $99 and includes a lot of tools (see below). But save your money, I have free tokens for the Premium Developer Program to raffle out. In order to be entered in the raffle I need you to email me your DVLUP username. You already signed up after you watched the video, right? I mean, it is FREE to join and I did wait for you. Here's what PDP gives you:
- One year of Windows Phone Developer Center membership ($99)
- Free license for Telerik RadControls for Windows Phone ($99)
- Up to 12 months' worth of access to up to 1 million API calls per month with Buddy.com's cloud APIs ($1200)
- Two Nokia Tech Support Tickets ($198)
- Marketing In A Box
- Remote Device Access
Like I said, I have tokens to raffle out, but what I need is you to email me your DVLUP username. So if you haven't already the please go sign up now. I'll be doing the raffle on Friday, so please get me your information soon.
Also, I want to introduce you to Jan Hannemann. He is out of Vancouver B.C., and is the Nokia Ambassador over our region (Oregon). He's has two promotions going on right now, one is WriteOneGetOne and the other is 620 hours of April. Last night I was explaining the WriteOneGetOne promotion. Here are the rules:
- You must not have previously released a Windows Phone app to the Windows Phone Store or Marketplace.
- Your app must have been Certified and available in the store AFTER January 1st, 2013.
- The app must be a QUALITYapp… What does that mean? It means:
- Must pass Marketplace Certification
- No Hello World or Flashlight apps.
- The app must have a useful function.
- All Apps will be assessed by Jan and his decisions regarding validity in this promotion are final.
- This is limited to as long as he has the phones to give away, which is right now.
As you can see, this WriteOneGetOne program benefits those of you who have been sitting on the fence wondering when is the right time to get into Windows Phone development. NOW IS THAT TIME!
Please let me know if any of you need help finishing your apps so you can submit to Jan for these contests. Many of you saw me pairing with Scott Hanselman last night as I was helping him with an app he's working on. Know that I am more than happy to do the same for any of you. Just reach out and ask and let me know.